Well ok Kesha, maybe it’s because you’re an auto tuned peice of shit who shouldn’t be famous, you have no Buisness being in the music industry, it’s not even your music you fuck, someone else wrote it for you to record and them to auto tune yourself. And it’s not at all good . It’s not positive either. So complain some more.
I don’t know if you know this, tumblr user koolkidseatgreens, but Ke$ha is a certified genius. She has an IQ over 140 and an SAT score of 1500. When she was younger she would go to the library and do research for fun. Ke$ha is a both feminist and an advocate for equal marriage/rights for people of any sexuality, being a queer woman herself.
Ke$ha is a smart, professional woman, and just because she sings songs about wanting to let loose and have fun every once in a while doesn’t make her a piece of shit.
Ke$ha’s songs are meant to point out the sexism in our media. She treats men the same way many men in the music industry treat women, and she is hated on for it. Relentlessly. She sings on multiple occasions about taking charge in a sexual relationship, of how she only uses men for their body parts. She sexualizes men to make them uncomfortable. She sexualizes men for a reaction, so that people can both see why women are so uncomfortable with their sexualization and also to point out the inequality between the sexes both in the media and in the world at large.
She is judged so harshly for singing about things that make many men famous.
If you listen to Ke$ha’s deconstructed album you will see that she actually has some talent, which may be hard to hear because she does in fact use a fair amount of autotune. This is because of her genre and because of the kind of music she chooses to create as an artist. Ke$ha may not write her songs, but this doesn’t meant she isn’t a good artist or a good person. This doesn’t mean she deserves your harsh words. Some singers are good at writing, but that’s hardly a requirement. Last time I checked whether or not you can sing has nothing to do with whether or not you’re a poet.
You should not be calling anyone a piece of shit, my friend, especially someone you’ve never sat down and had a conversation (or even taken the time to wonder about her feelings!), but if anyone deserves that kind of language it’s not Ke$ha.
You may think that by shaming women for expressing their sexuality and having fun every once in a while, that you are somehow abolishing sexism. That in weeding out the less ‘deserving’ women you are gaining our sex more respect. This is not the case, and the fact that you and many others feel such a strong need to shame this woman who has done nothing wrong, especially not to you, shows that we still have a very far away to go.
Um I’m just going to add, Ke$ha actually does write her own songs. For example, here’s her first album’s tracklist:
She has also ritten for other artists, probably most famously “‘Till The World Ends” by Britney Spears, which is part of why she’s on the remix of it. She wrote for years and was even the female voice on Flo Rida’s “Right Round” but refused to be credited because she didn’t want her first single to not be her own work. She spent years, starting at the age of 15, writing music before she came out with her album because she wanted to make sure it was all her own and all what she wanted to do.
You can even get all her unreleased music which, combined with her actual albums, is 10.3 hours according to my iTunes playlist. Some artists have been around for twice as long as her and haven’t written that many songs.
Not only have critics proclaimed she could be a country star if she ever leaves the pop music business (which is showcased on her unreleased track “Goodbye”), but she’s actually the daughter of a very talented country songwriter. Her music is actually fairly well praised by the music critics community and if you listened to any of her songs that her record won’t let her release as singles—“Last Goodbye”, “The Harold Song”, “Only Wanna Dance With You”, any of her ballads—she can write multiple styles of songs. She’s just stuck in a box of what she can release and then shallow minded people call her dumb for having fun.
That’s a big fuck you for hating Ke$ha.
this is why i do not regret loving her music
- beforethese-crowdedstreets reblogged this from thatsmoderatelyraven
- completelyhopelessprocrastinator reblogged this from captain-katsuura
- retardrd likes this
- captain-katsuura reblogged this from bleiente
- wolfewantswaffles likes this
- apileofsmiles likes this
- rebevelous reblogged this from myrtleeesnow and added:
- the-doctors-donna likes this
- sandi2point9 reblogged this from caseymeaux
- sandi2point9 likes this
- bloggy-posty likes this
- caseymeaux reblogged this from cactusphallus
- admiralackbear reblogged this from cactusphallus
- cactusphallus reblogged this from imaraginghomosexual
- irishheroine reblogged this from holyreptar
- vastsupernaturalhole reblogged this from wildanduntamedthing
- vastsupernaturalhole likes this
- felices-fiestas reblogged this from fangirlingismyspecialty
- felices-fiestas likes this
- xelsalamelix likes this
- 0118-999-881-999-119-725--3 reblogged this from fangirlingismyspecialty
- fangirlingismyspecialty reblogged this from rapbattles
- i-heartzayn likes this
- savvy-jay reblogged this from yourbest-mistake
- yourbest-mistake reblogged this from towrite-istocreate
- yourbest-mistake likes this
- towrite-istocreate reblogged this from funniest-angel-in-the-garrison
- towrite-istocreate likes this
- sierramarie057 reblogged this from antivertigo and added:
- antivertigo reblogged this from justanothersouthernchristmas
- justanothersouthernchristmas reblogged this from funniest-angel-in-the-garrison
- funniest-angel-in-the-garrison reblogged this from pizzapartypizzaparty
- ezekvagyunk-mi likes this
- fenriir likes this
- eternityforyou reblogged this from nottonight-imonfire
- jennthehenn likes this
- megarooswoh reblogged this from ahandfuloffandoms
- ahandfuloffandoms reblogged this from it-is-a-3-patch-problem
- snakespiritchan likes this
- dancingcomatose reblogged this from only-life-i-know
- laolabear likes this
- piecrusts reblogged this from pandashota
- pandashota reblogged this from ryuucifer
- sweettooth97 reblogged this from heyjohnimholme
- flirtykurty likes this
- ragnaroked reblogged this from teacupsparkles
- vulpeculaeprince reblogged this from heyjohnimholme
- hodgepodginbooradley reblogged this from heyjohnimholme
- hanrolo reblogged this from heyjohnimholme
- hanrolo likes this